From a postal station to a modern hotel
The history of Gasthof Löwen in Welschnofen
In 1885, Gasthof Löwen was built as a postal station on the then still new Dolomites Road.
Since then, Gasthof Löwen has been owned by the Plank family and is now being run by the fifth generation.
Until the 1930s, a covered bridge spanned the Fötschenbach (right next to Gasthof Löwen), and this was then replaced with an uncovered concrete bridge.
Since the 1950s and the start of major tourism, Gasthof Löwen has been constantly rebuilt and extended.
In 2017, Gasthof Löwen was enlarged with several rooms – a development both in terms of quality and quantity.